57-59 Queens Road
There are three main types of damp: rising damp, penetrating damp and condensation. The simplest way to determine which you have is by where it is located. Rising damp usually causes 'tide marks' on walls, as well as peeling wallpaper and damp or cold plaster. Penetrating damp is most often seen on ceilings or at the top of walls where rain is coming in. Condensation is most common behind large furniture, in bathrooms or on and around windows. Whatever type of damp you have, it is important not to just ignore and redecorate over it - it can cause decay in your property and encourage rot and mould.
We offer consultations to help locate the source of your damp and set out a cost effective course of action to stop the problem. We also offer cellar tanking, which involves installing a membrane to waterproof your cellar and make it fit for habitation or storage. Our team is also ready to help repair and redecorate areas affected by damp, water or rot.
• Keep guttering free of leaves and debris
• Ensure your downpipes are in good repair
• Clear drains and use grating coverings to allow free flow
• Keep rendering on outside of your property in good shape
• Do not build up soil next to your house past the damp proof course
• Keep vents clear of any blockages
DAMP PROOFING FROM THE EXPERTS IN BUCKHURST HILL. CALL Property Care Services NOW ON: 020 8506 2233.
“Paul did a brilliant job!”
New Orleans Walk